Thursday, December 9, 2010

well that wasn't so hard


It's official! I'm retiring my wordpress to move here. For good. So there you have it. Welcome to the new and improved version of my blog. I posted the above photog for celebratory reasons. Also, a neat tidbit: it's from the year 1900 at the World's Fair in Paris-Vicennes. Neat. I feel especially fond of it as a result of my participation in (and partial role in founding) the World's Fair Book and Supper Club. A brilliant bunch of folks, and one of the things I miss most about living in the City of Angels. 

On an entirely unrelated note, I have something wonderful for you. Great music brought to us by--you couldn't have guessed it!--the PCA! Well, not directly. Bifrost arts is technically an ecumenical religious organization "closely linked" to the PCA. Still a surprise, in my mind. 


It just seems like lots of good-hearted, well-meaning evangelicals produce all kinds of sub-par music each year. What a breath of fresh air this music is. It's folk, it's old-time favorites, and by the kind of people you want making your music. I recommend this anthology of hymns and spiritual songs. Or, if you're feeling festive, they have a great Christmas record. Add these to your Christmas list, or someone else's. You'll discover all kinds of quality musicians just by listening to one lovely album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment